Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
In 2012 the president of the USA Barack Obama started an immigration reform. He declared that children, who entered the USA before their 16th birthday, resided in the USA and didn’t leave the country since January 1, 2010, can avoid removal action and be legalized according to Deferred Action for… Read more
Form I-589: Application for Asylum
If you want to apply for asylum in the USA, you need to file Form I-589 (Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal) and required documents. ! You can apply for asylum on the territory of the USA within one year of arriving in the United States (there are… Read more
Form I-730: Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition
This form is used by refugees, who want to bring their family to the USA. Who is eligible? This form is filed for: Spouses, you are officially married at the moment of submitting Form I-589; Unmarried children under 21. PROVIDING THAT you have included them into your asylum application… Read more
Form I-485 : Application for Green Card
Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is in fact an application for a green card. This form is filed to receive a US permanent resident status. All the immigrants, who go though the immigration process on the territory of the USA (not in a Consular Department in their… Read more
Form I-765: Application for Employment Authorization
Green card holders receive an authorization to work in the USA automatically with a green card. However, those, who have not obtained a green card yet, often need to receive employment authorization separately. This document looks like a card and to receive it complete Form I-765. People, who are… Read more
Form I-539: Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
Many people in the USA having nonimmigrant status (visitor visa B1/B2, student visa F, worker visa L1 and H1B etc.) face the necessity to extend their stay in the USA. Period of legal stay You can see when a period of your stay in the USA expires on the… Read more
Form I-539: Application to Change Nonimmigrant Status
Many people in the USA having nonimmigrant status face the necessity to change their legal status in the USA (for example, you entered the USA on a visitor visa, but you want to obtain a student visa). In most cases you may change your status not leaving the country. Complete… Read more
Form I-90: Replacement or Renewal of a Green Card.
This form is used to extend, renew or replace a green card. The reasons may be different, for example expiration of validity, loss, theft, change of name. If you do not apply Form I-90 in time, you can be deported. Remember that US permanent residents only can file the form. Read more
Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative
A US citizen or a green card holder can file a petition with immigration service for his/her relatives to migrate to the USA. The first step is to file Form I-130. You will have to wait for your turn to receive a green card through family, as there are quotes… Read more
Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiancé
A US citizen can apply it for his/her fiancé if he/she is a foreign national. Green card holders cannot apply this form. Visa for fiancé is called K1 and you can receive it having submitted Form I-129F. Having received K1 visa, a fiancé enters the USA and must get married… Read more
Form I-131: Application for Travel Document
This form is used in three cases: 1. If you go abroad and return to the USA not losing your current status, after you have obtained refugee status, but before you have obtained a green card. Complete Form I-131 and receive Refugee Travel Document. This document is issued for one… Read more
Form N-400: Application for Naturalization
Green Card holders are eligible to start naturalization process in 5 years after receiving Green Card (U.S. citizens’ spouses in 3 years). The first step is to complete Form N-400 (Application for Naturalization). Requirements: Be at least 18 years old at the moment of submitting Form N-400; Be a green… Read more
Form I-751: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence
Having married with a US citizen or a green card holder, you receive a green card for two years. It is also called a conditional green card. To replace it with a permanent green card you should submit Form I-751. Requirements A spouse of a US citizen or green card… Read more