Form I-730: Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition

This form is used by refugees, who want to bring their family to the USA.

Who is eligible?

This form is filed for:

  • Spouses, you are officially married at the moment of submitting Form I-589;
  • Unmarried children under 21.

PROVIDING THAT you have included them into your asylum application (Form I-589).


  • Parents;
  • Brothers and sisters;
  • Uncle or aunt;
  • Grandparents;
  • Spouse, if you got married after you had been granted asylum (Form I-130 is filed);
  • Children over 21;
  • Anyone, who hasn’t been included in your Form I-589


Generally, Form I-730 is submitted within two years after you have been granted asylum. This period may be extended on your request and at the discretion of USCIS on the account of humanitarian circumstances. The waiting period for this petition usually takes 36 months.

Documents required for I-730

  • A proof of your refugee status;
  • Official marriage certificate, if you apply for your spouse;
  • Birth certificates of your children;
  • Other documents. See the full list on your account.


Spouse and children, who are reuniting with a refugee, have an interview at a consular department of the US Embassy in their country.

Fill the form